So I posted the following as a reply to mferguson but in case that's getting lost in old-thread...
Just like him, I can't get CloneApp to work moving from one PC to another.
The program gives an error, then asks to re-select the ini file, then repeats the error and deletes the ini file.
As posted below:
- Backup goes fine. Backup folder on Desktop. Copy to new PC Desktop. (fine)
- Open CloneApp on Target (fine)
- Click Restore, get "Backup xxxxx has been found do you want to?". Click YES
- Error popup: "CloneApp - Plug-in could not be executed - Error while loading application".
- Click OK. Get "Restore process stopped - Restoration settings could not be loaded... do you want to select..."
- Click YES. Find .ini file inside Desktop Backup folder. Click OPEN.
- Error popup - same one again: "CloneApp - Plug-in could not be executed - Error while loading application".
- Except this time CloneApp has deleted the coneapp2.ini file. Its gone missing. Totally disappeared.
Would really like to see answer to this? Is this bug or procedure error on my side or data problem or Windows permissions problem? Program looks cool but seems totally broken to me?